Time: July 9, 2017 from 6am to 5pm
Location: Edmundscote weir field, downstream from the club
City/Town: to Stratford-upon-Avon
Website or Map: http://www.doggypaddle.org.uk
Phone: 0121 627 3222 or 01789 841240 or 07747 403 691
Event Type: flat, water, 18, miles, all, weirs, portagable
Organized By: Brian Nicholson
Latest Activity: Jun 29
Please contact me for weir info files...
Please tell Izzy, Sarah, Jo Beckett, Pip Sheldon, Dave Beckett, Sinu Solcimanian, Ali Higgins, Abby, Sam and Nikki Ward, Dan Higgins, Simon Edler.
1) Tess and Brian at Edmundscote field (CV32 6AG, weir down from RLSCC) from 6-30am. GDBA arrive later.
2) Car shuttles from 7.30 am till 8-45am to allow 9:45 am return time, on the water by 10am latest. The following are helping the start and shuttles Brian, Tess, Dawn, Becky, Janet, Izzy, Sarah, Jo Beckett, Pip Sheldon, GDBA (Guide Dogs). Neil Blackman from Stratford,Marina Car Park. All welcome. GDBA/Tania to help. The Athletics toilets are open from 8am. Earlier goto Costa Coffee (CV31 3NT). No cars left on the field during the day as we HAVE to lock the fields gate. Park in the nearby car park (by the railway bridge, height 2m) or local neighbourhood.
3) At weirs and the Barford tree. The following are the LATEST times with the weir set-up. If paddling get up early, maybe paddle to the weir before participants, and allowing time (circa 1 hour) to shuttle your car if needed. Limited shuttles are available at the start field Quite a few are paddling on from Warwick Castle weir so contact them to share lifts? Bring usual safety gear, food,etc.
a) Warwick Castle Weir,9:00am-11:30, Dave Shepard (walking to weir via WC), David Beckett, Sinu Solcimanian, Diane Aries, Andy Powell, Laura Shelton-Smith, Ali Higgins, Brett, Neil Blackman. For access to WC main entrance, ring Warwick Castle (01926 495421) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Barford Weir,9:45 am-1:30, Simon Crighton, Matt, Abby, Nikki and Sam Ward. There is access from the usual house (Chris and John) via house and garden, see the weir instructions. Carry 1 boat via house orpaddle from Barford bridge. No entry sign from the footbridge and run the rope/buoys across the river. Noone goes down the ‘straight-on’ weir!!!Use the upstream stepped weir or portage.
c) Barford Tree,10:30 am-2:00. Sue and Andrew Smithson’. Only access via paddling down from the old Barford bridge, paddling 1.25 miles downstream and back again (against the flow). Alternatively when finished carry on downstream. The tree is a river wide dangerous strainer. Everyone must portage. Please insist they do this, for everyones safety!
d) Hampton Lucy Weir,11:30-3:00. Tess Lukehurst,PK and Dan. Foot access from Hampton Lucy bridge. There is a tree partially blocking the river downstream from weir with limited access river right. Electric fence at weir
e) Alveston Weir,12:00pm-5:30. Brian Nicholson with Janet
4) Sweep boating,Dawn and Becky
5) Once you have finished, please consider helping at the SUA, with roof racks on cars?
Add a Comment